|24"x36" Art Print from Buildasign.com - |
this print was made from a 5.5"x8.5"
I was recently invited to try some products by the company Build-A-Sign. I was really excited about the opportunity because that means I get to share with my doodlers! When I checked out their website, I noticed that they offered Art Prints and KNEW that was the perfect item to share with my fellow artists, illustrators, and designers.
Having recently completed the ArtHouse Coop's Sketchbook Project, I had a couple of sketches in my book that I really loved and made sure to scan then in before I sent them off. I was really excited about the opportunity to see a drawing that was originally 5.5"x8.5" blown up to 2 feet by 3 feet! Especially since the original art was done in Prismacolor colored pencils - the texture blown up that large would be very interesting to see.
About Build-A-Sign Art Prints
Build-A-Sign offers Art Prints in several different sizes at a very reasonable cost! They are printed on light-weight polystyrene which makes them extremely durable. The material is thin so you'll be able to frame your art without worrying about bulky materials.
These are extremely easy to order! You can upload ANY image to be made into a print. Fine art, Photography, Digital art - if it can be put into digital format, it can be printed. Here is a list of the standard sizes available.
- 8.5" x 11"
- 11" x 17"
- 18" x 24"
- 22" x 28"
- 24" x 36"
- 24" x 60"
- 36" x 48"
- 36" x 60"
|It looks great without a frame!|
The quality is truly amazing! I would never want to print any art print on paper or canvas again! Why do that when you can have this durable lightweight material? You can see every detail of my original drawing and many people who have commented thought it was an original piece of art. One thing I absolutely love is the fact that the material has a matte finish and you can hang it on your wall without glare interfering with the art. The print quality maintains it's integrity when you look at it up-close as well. It looks great without a frame. It's just BEAUTIFUL. The colors are just as bold and brilliant as they appeared in my digital file. I have my art hanging in my office and it has gotten rave reviews. Everyone asks what it's printed on! Another great thing about the materials that Build-A-Sign uses, is that it's perfect for art that you might want to display in a bathroom or kitchen - the polystyrene (plastic) would be easily wiped off and you wouldn't have to worry about damaging the art in a humid environment. The prices for their prints are VERY reasonable and they offer some outstanding price breaks on multiple items – so, if you were looking to stock an online store with some awesome products, you might want to check this company out! Ordering 10 18x24 prints gives you a price break of almost 50% per item - that's a great deal!
Other Build-A-Sign items
|This print has great detail and texture up-close!|
How can you WIN a FREE 18"x24" Art Print?
This is the best part! I love my print so much and I get to share with you guys. Build-A-Sign is sponsoring a Doodle Swap Giveaway! They will ship an Art Print of YOUR ART directly to the winner! You're going to want to win this! :)
What are the Rules?
There are only three rules, but they are all important:
- You must have a mailing address within the continental USA to win the grand prize Art Print! (So sorry to my international doodlers, but unfortunately, they cannot ship outside of the USA) However, to give international doodlers a chance to have some fun, you can enter to win one of the "honorable mention" prize packs from me!
- You must have participated in at least one Doodle Swap (1-9).
- All entries must have been created as part of one of the Doodle Swap Project's swaps and conform to the guidelines of a regular swap in size. However, art created for round 9 is eligible and since round 9 has yet begun, you can have a fresh chance at something masterful!
How do you enter?
- Select 1 to 3 of your favorite doodles that you have swapped during your experience with The Doodle Swap Project's swaps 1-9 (this gives you up to 3 chances to win!). This CAN include a doodle from the current swap #9, so you can create your doodles for the theme Under The Sea, with the contest in mind.
- Submit these doodles to email@example.com in JPG format.
- Deadline to enter is April 30th, 2011 at Midnight EST - Winner will be announced May 3rd, 2011 at noon EST.
How is the winner chosen?
The winner will be determined by myself and a panel of judges that I put together (folks who are ineligible to win). We will be looking for the following criteria:
- Artistic merit
- Conceptual creativity
- How interesting your doodle would look blown up from 2.5"x3.5" to 18"x24".
What will you win?
The grand prize winner (U.S. resident only) will receive a 18"x24" Art Print made from your own art shipped directly to your door. Your print does not have to be made from the winning doodle, but it would be really cool if it was. I know that many of you do not scan in doodles at a high enough resolution to have prints made from them. Therefore, I decided that the Art you choose to have made into a print can be anything that you would like. However, the art does need to belong to you so that you retain the right to have the print made. Along with the Art Print winner, some "honorable mention" artists (open to my international pals!) will receive some very special goody packs from The Doodle Swap Project!
If you have ANY questions about the way the contest will work or your eligibility to participate, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!